2 boneless chicken breasts
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
7-8 green onions
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into thirds, and then slice again into about 1-inch chunks. Place chicken chunks in a freezer bag and set aside.
- Zest one of the lemons and add to a medium size bowl. Juice that lemon plus one more, add to the lemon zest and then add the minced garlic and oregano and stir. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk to combine. Add kosher salt and pepper. Pour the marinade into the freezer bag with the chicken chunks and let marinade for 30 minutes or up to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to grill, prepare the grill by lightly oiling the grate with vegetable oil or cooking spray and set to medium high heat.
- If using wooden skewers, prepare them by soaking in water for 10 minutes. If using metal skewers, no prep is necessary.
- Slice the remaining lemon in thin rounds and then slice the rounds in half. Trim the bottoms of the green onions off and cut into 1-inch lengths.
- Thread one piece of the chicken onto a skewer then two slices of green onion, and then another piece of chicken. Fold a slice of lemon in half and thread next to the chicken, grouping closely on the skewer. Add another piece of chicken, then green onions and repeat the pattern until you’ve reached the end of the skewer, ending with chicken. Discard any of the remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken, turning often so each side browns and has light grill marks, until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
More recipes such as this one found at www.foodiecrush.com